Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Turok, Son of Stone

Along with posting some art by Bernie Wrightson, another thing you can never go wrong with is Turok, Son of Stone. Here are some scans of original art from some Turok comics. All art is attributed to George Wilson.



Art for Turok, Son of Stone #31, 1963.




Art for Turok, Son of Stone #33, 1963.




Art for Turok, Son of Stone #46, 1965.




Art for Turok, Son of Stone #86, 1973.





Art for Turok, Son of Stone #88, 1974.





This piece is likely a preliminary or for an issue that was never published, n.d.

3 comments:

Joe Jusko said...

These are great!!! I would kil to own any one of them. I've had a full run of Turok in my collection for 30 years. The covers were spectacular much of the time and the Alberto Gioletti interiors were only appreciated for their genius by other professionals until only recently. John Romits Sr. and I would often praise Gioletti's work whenever his name came up.

tom said...

Glad you liked them. I remember seeing some of these and other Dell/Gold Key covers for sale at a San Diego Con back in the 1980's. They were around $300, I'd buy them all day at that price now. Most of these here went for $1000+ at the Heritage auction site.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for posting these beautiful images. I've been a lifelong fan of the Turok Son of Stone series, having been captivated by the painted covers of books handed down to me by my dad. I now have a complete slabbed CGC collection which I'm trying to high grade, and I hope to be able to get my hands on original art soon!