Monday, October 12, 2009

San Diego Comic Con, 1985.

Below are some pictures from the San Diego Comic Con in 1985. It's weird looking at these pictures, I really don't have many memories of this convention. I remember Frank Miller was there, but we were kind of over him at that point and the line was huge to get autographs. The only pros I really recall meeting were Harvey Pekar and Rick Geary. I'm sure there were others. I have much more vivid memories of when I attended in 1987, but didn't take any pictures that year. Go figure.


Samurai Guy and ?

Some Samurai looking guy and I'm not sure who that is supposed to be next to him.


Pirates

A couple of guys dressed like pirates (I guess).


Art Dealer

Art dealer Albert Moy. Love that Badtime Stories cover behind him.


The Gecks

The Gecks. I'm not sure what that was, maybe a band. We kept seeing this guy around. Scott Parrish on the right.


Captain Tape

We called this guy "Captain Tape" because of the abundance of tape on his costume.


San Diego Blonde

I'm not sure who this lady was supposed to be, but she liked having her picture taken and we liked photographing her.


Daredevil, Green Lantern, and The Black Cat

L to R: Daredevil, Green Lantern, The Black Cat


Flaming Carrot

The worst Flaming Carrot costume in the world.


Below: some views of the main dealers' room.


San Diego Comic Con, 1985.


San Diego Comic Con, 1985.


San Diego Comic Con, 1985.

1 comment:

Eric Jones said...

These are great pics!

But I have to point out that they can't all be from 1985 -- in the first photo in the "dealers room" section, roughly at the center, we can see a couple of what appear to be cardboard standees depicting Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson as Batman and the Joker from Tim Burton's first Batman film, which was released in 1989.

Still amazing to see the 'con as it used to be. Thanks!